Our websites – refers to ministryofhandmade.com.au, everythinglampshades.com and modularme.com which are owned and operated by Youmetogether Pty Ltd trading as Ministry of Handmade. Youmetogether Pty Ltd is an Australian registered company.
Our studio – refers to the studio of Ministry of Handmade
Types of Products
These are items that require shipment or pick up from our studio or third party supplier. An example is the ModularME Sewing Adventure Tea Towel.
No agreement is formed with a customer until the order has been placed, accepted, and paid for by the customer.
These are items that the customer downloads or accesses via a webpage. An example is the ModularME Sewing Adventure Pack. Digital items include but are not limited to: PDF documents, Videos, Audio files and Webpages. No agreement is formed with a customer until the order has been placed, accepted, and paid for by the customer.
Inability to supply
From time to time technical issues or supply chain issues may arise that affect the supply of products. Should the product (physical or digital) be unavailable to supply then the refund policy is invoked.
Payment for products is made via our websites. Customers can choose to pay online using the options available within the online shop. These options may include a variety of credit cards, Apple Pay, PayPal and others as payment technology becomes available. Online credit card payments are processed by third parties such as PayPal and Stripe. Credit card details are held by these organisations to facilitate payment and/or refunds. No customer credit card data is held by Ministry of Handmade.
Physical products that require delivery to the customer are processed within 5 working days. This means that the products are either shipped or ready to collect within 5 working days from payment of the order.
Choice of delivery method
The customer can typically choose a delivery method:
- Courier or Australia Post – where the courier is arranged by Ministry of Handmade and the price is calculated by an Australia Post plugin
- Flat rate – where the courier is arranged by Ministry of Handmade
- Express post – where Australia Post is used as the courier and the price is calculated by an Australia Post plugin
- Pickup from Ministry of Handmade – where the customer comes to our studio to collect the order
Workshop cancellation policy
If you register for a workshop and later you need to cancel your attendance then different refunds occur depending on how much notice we are given and on the facilitator for the workshop. The following refunds apply:
Workshops where the facilitator is Julie Hillier or Maurice Hillier –
- 8 days or more before the scheduled workshop time – we will refund 100% of the workshop fee
- 2-7 days before the scheduled workshop time – we will refund 50% of the workshop fee or if you prefer, a voucher to the value of 50% of the workshop fee
- Within 1 day before the scheduled workshop time – sorry, no refund
Other workshops –
- Sorry, no refund.
Should Ministry of Handmade cancel a workshop –
If, for any reason, Ministry of Handmade has to cancel a workshop we will offer you a choice of:
- full refund
- a voucher to the value of the workshop
- a transfer to the same workshop being held at another time
Events are defined as the programs and workshops that are not single workshops held at our studio in Bridgeman Downs. For example: Makers Escape is an event. Our refund policy and cancellation policy will vary from event to event and will be explained on the page containing the registration form for the particular event.
Please note – if you have to cancel – communication is the key – please let us know as soon as possible of your circumstances and your intentions.
Store refund policy
We will refund the purchase price of the item only if the the item is faulty or damaged during delivery. If you would like a refund for your purchase please contact us via email or phone within 2 weeks from the time you receive the item, we may be able to resolve any issues you have. Please note – we will not refund the purchase price if the item has been damaged after delivery, if it has been used or altered in any way, or if you have changed your mind. If the product needs to be returned to our studio then the cost of return shipment is the responsibility of the customer.
As soon as the digital product has been purchased by the customer, the customer has access to the intellectual property of Ministry of Handmade including the digital documents, audio and video files and associated webpages. Each digital product clearly states that it is a digital product. Our digital products represent excellent value. Ministry of Handmade has no knowledge as to whether the customer uses the digital product (or even immorally, sells our digital product). Ministry of Handmade does not refund the purchase of digital products.
Event refund policy
Events are defined as the programs and workshops we hold that are not single workshops held at our studio in Bridgeman Downs. For example: Makers Escape is an event. Our refund policy and cancellation policy will vary from event to event and will be explained on the page containing the registration form for the particular event.
When receiving a refund, the customer has the choice of:
- Refund to the customers account that was used in the purchase of the item
- A voucher to the value of the refund
Vouchers, Coupons and Store Credits
- Gift vouchers do not have an expiry date.
- Store Credits do not have an expiry date.
- Discount Coupons have an expiry date that is relevant to promotional campaign to which it refers. These expiry dates are shown clearly for each campaign.
Ministry of Handmade operates in Queensland, Australia and is only bound by the corresponding state and commonwealth laws/legal framework that apply in Queensland, Australia.